Our commitment to strengthening communities.
Each year in Texas, domestic violence results in an estimated 1,200 deaths and 2 million injuries among women. To assist the local shelter network with their need of essential toiletries, including dental care products, Great Expressions Dental Centers (GEDC) has launched the third annual Dental Deputies program.
GEDC is teaming up with neighborhood preschools and day care centers to gather dental hygiene items to donate to victims in metro-Dallas and Austin shelters during Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The participating schools below will be collecting items throughout the month of October, and will also receive free dental care education from their local GEDC dentist.
- Kiddie Academy of Cedar Park
- Bright Horizons at Round Rock
- The Children's Courtyard of Cedar Park
- Stepping Stone School
- Primrose School of Round Rock North
- Kids R Kids
- First United Methodist Development
- American Montessori Campus
- The Clifton Preschool
- Richmond Hill Montessori - Authentic Plano Montessori & Daycare
- Parkwood Montessori Academy
GEDC is inviting community partners to join the cause in 2016 in hopes of another fruitful year for the program. Schools and other organizations interested in supporting the Dental Deputies program should contact their local GEDC office.